Tuesday, April 19, 2005

19 April 2005: Election

No, not that one.

I'm actually watching the Pope election thing as I write this. The smoke's gone up, the bells have tolled, but we've yet to have the announcement of who it is.

The interesting thing is this: Martyn just asked me "doesn't it strike you as a very odd thing?"
"No," I replied, "I find it fascinating in the way I found the US elections fascinating, it's interesting to see who they pick as a major leader over so many people in the world."
"But from a religious point of view, isn't it odd?"
I thought for a moment.
"Actually, it doesn't strike me as particularly religious at all."

Maybe it's my protestant background, but I really do see far more politics in this than actual Christianity. *sigh*

Anyway, they just announced it's Ratzinger. At least it's not Tony Blair.

No comments: