Tuesday, December 08, 2009

7 December 2009: Christmas Lights

The fast-becoming-traditional Akting Lark Christmas Blog Thing to do seems to be to make a video and put it on YouTube. While last year's effort is now pulling in over a hundred viewers a day, I was so excited by the Christmas Light Display here on the downtown square in Kokomo, Indiana that I couldn't let another moment pass without going out to video it.



My favourite bit has to be the red eyes of the T-Rex. I mean, how more Christmassy can you get?

If anyone can beat this display (I'm looking in your direction, Flowers Estate) please let me know.

Postscript: Oh, all right, you want to see the Wee Heavy And A Half Pint one again, don't you? OK, here it is...



Update: Local Indy News Channel 6 report on the Kokomo light display. Apparently the County Commissioners have defended the dinosaur and serpent on the basis that"if we put the religious or Christmas decorations up, we'd be offending a whole other group of citizens and taxpayers." On that basis, presumably, they will be working on Christmas Day so as not to offend anyone by observing the traditional date of the birth of Christ.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know they're going to deport you for that, don't you...
hil-ar-ious!

DuncMcRae said...

When asked for a comment, the Mayor of Kokomo said: "The best thing I can say is, err ... no comment." Kind of sums it up.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, Duncs! Glad to see everyone is really getting into the Christmas spirit over there! Love to you and Gloria, Grace xx

Kevin S said...

Two marvellous videos, thanks Duncan! I've not seen the Flowers Estate display yet but my road has made a promising start - two houses with sleighs, snowmen etc. all over the outside.

Those Kokomo lights are wonderfully surreal, aren't they? Thanks for sharing the fun with us!

DuncMcRae said...

Somewhat hilariously, the video has done the rounds in the City Council and they love it, although they're keen for me to point out it was the County Commissioners who are responsible for it.

Also bizarrely, I've had to restrict comments on the YouTube page for this vid because some person has been on there defaming a respected Kokomo church leader who they state (categorically) is the person who made the video. Err, no. That'll be me that made it.

Doug said...

was that a car fan belt making a noise or was it the t-rex?! I like to think it was a well planned 'effect'.

its probably the fan belt of the nativity though.

sigh...