Thursday, September 17, 2009

17 September 2009: Batcave

Don't wish to harp on about this blog getting hits from all over the world (mainly because it's not happening so much this week) but have to mention one hit that arrived earlier today:

"Batu Caves, Wilayah Persekutuan arrived from google.com.my on "This AKTing Lark: July 2007"

Now that intrigued me. Was someone really visiting my blog from a cave? And how coincidental could it be that it bears a name almost identical to that of an iconic 1960s TV show location?

Actually, a Google Maps search revealed it to be in Malaysia, in fact a location on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpar in what looks to be a fairly densely urban (not to mention foggy) area. Which is still quite exciting, although somehow disappointing given my probably unrealistic hopes that my blog was, in fact, being visited by Batman, or at least by some bored person in a cave with no running water but a decent broadband connection.

On a somewhat related note, nephew Jamie is four years old today and has proclaimed that when he grows up, he's going to be yellow bat. Puts all my ambitions to shame.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Why a yellow one?

DuncMcRae said...

No idea. He used to say 'I want to be a bat' but now it's 'I want to be a yellow bat'. It might be all that Salisbury air or something.

Rob said...

I've just had a hit from..

'Duncan, South Carolina'

And i thought "Gosh.. he moves quickly" until i realised it was a place...

Maybe you should move there and be 'Duncan from Duncan'. Imagine the fun you could have with that!!